Why become a nomad?
I had troubles accepting the way life was designed. The way we were supposed to live. Spending most of our lives working a 40 hour week job, always longing and living for the weekends and vacation. Letting our money go to buying housing, cars, tv:s and other things. Waiting to do stuff until we’re retired when we’ll have the time to be free and go and do whatever we want. It seemed so shallow and meaningless to me. How can we grow if we stay in the same place, doing the same things, meeting the same people?!
It wasn’t until about 3 years ago when I started traveling alone that I stumbled upon another way of life. Another option. A lifestyle that I felt right away was the way I was supposed to live. Being free, challenging myself and getting a better understanding of the world and of people. Leading my life from my passion and my own will, not having to adapt to a work schedule. To be constantly stimulated and indulge in the beauty and diversity of our world.
Leaving a “normal” life for a nomadic one does not mean I am escaping life –
to me the “normal” way of life is not a life to me. For me it’s like being a zombie or a robot, following orders. With a nomadic lifestyle I can truly life a life exactly how I want it.
Why do I want to become a nomad?
So many reason I barely know where to start.
- I’m a restless person, I need constant changes and new places to explore
- Freedom. I feel like my life is to short not to be free to do what I want all the time
- I love to travel – with a nomadic lifestyle I can travel as a life
- Getting out into the world is the most developing for me
- Why wait? I dream about it and I’m gonna do it now. We never know what tomorrow or next year will bring
- Life is short. There’s is so much I want to do and see, so better get started 🙂
- Minimalism is inevitable in the lifestyle and I love not having a bunch of stuff. The less I have the more free I am
- I don’t feel at home or very comfortable with the Swedish society and mentality
- Before I know where I feel like I belong, or at home I need to go and visit different places to find it
- A life without growing is a life that has stopped. I want to learn new things all the time
- Understand other cultures and ways of life all over the world
- Be more self aware. The more I travel the more I know what I like and what I want in my life
- Meeting new people
This list is obviously not all the reasons, but it’s the one’s I can think of right off the top of my mind
What are your thoughts on your lifestyle? Are you living the kind of life you like or do you want something to change? What do you want to change? Do you know what you need in life? Stability, security or rather a life of unknown constant challenges? Could you imagine living as a nomad or would it be too rootless for you? Do you think I’m crazy haha?